“I am only one, but still I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do the something I can do.”

Edward Everett Hale

Friday 21 March 2014

Blessings of Spring

It is another beautiful blue sky day, and Spring is well and truly here. On our walk today, the annual frenzy of growth was evident, at the sides of the path, in the hedgerows, and in the trees. Everywhere, there were buds and flowers and blossoms, and a thousand different shades of green. And it was beautiful. When I opened my ears, the air was full of bird-song. On such a day, it feels good to be alive.



I have a book of meditations for the months of the year, by Dorothea Breitzter-Kings. Part of the meditation for March fits perfectly with my feeling of well-being this morning:

"The wind is still cool, but when it brushes your face there is a freshness and sweetness in it that leaves you in no doubt that winter is turning at least. Open yourself to this stirring sensation ... let yourself tune into the arousing energy of approaching Spring, along with all of nature around you  ... Now the sun comes out from behind a passing cloud: it is surprisingly warm and strong. The first rays of Spring sunshine: remember how you have longed for them on dark, overcast Winter days ... They are heaven's kiss of life to the earth after the long Winter sleep. Enjoy how good they feel. Along with all the growing things around you, let yourself too, be kissed into a Spring awakening by the first warm sunshine."

Spring is a time of renewal and promise and hope.

How wonderful, how full of wonder. I am blessed, and grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment