“I am only one, but still I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do the something I can do.”

Edward Everett Hale

Friday 26 December 2014

Excuses to Celebrate

Father Christmas brought my daughter a rather wonderful calendar. Which was chosen on the strength of its front cover, which reads: "To do: 1. Change world 2. Eat pizza"


But oh my goodness, it is so much more wonderful than that. The creator, Rachel Bright of Bright Soul Ltd., has included a lot of funny (or quirky) days to celebrate throughout the year. So I've copied some of them into an exquisite Illuminated Book of Days which my dearly beloved gave me for Christmas. Here are some of my favourites:

  • Start a trend day
  • Give a compliment to a stranger day
  • Get out of your comfort zone day
  • Plant something and watch it grow day
  • Simple pleasures day (immediately followed by)
  • Complicated pleasures day
  • Wild abandon day
  • Treat your body like a temple day
  • Make something from scratch day
  • Be lovely to everyone day
  • Notice small things day
  • Start getting excited about Christmas day (3rd December)
I intend to post notices about these on Facebook, throughout 2015, as and when they arise, as I think they're a lovely idea. And no more random than saints' days, or Fair Trade Fortnight, or One World Week.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea. We all need a reminder to enjoy what we have, from time to time.

    ReplyDelete